Kamala Devi Sohan Raj Singhvi Jain College of Education was established in the year 2006 and got its affiliation in 25th August 2008. The college was founded by Shree Shwetambar Sthanakvasi Jain Sabha in the name of Kamala Devi Sohan Raj Singhvi. Kamala Devi is well Known for her selfless services to the poor and downtrodden. An ideal wife, a constant companion and friend, philosopher and guide to her husband Sohan Raj Singhvi who is monumental figure in the establishment of this college.
This is a self financed co-education college situated at Cossipore, only ten minutes walking from Chiriamore crossing.
Shree Shwetambar Sthanakvasi jain Sabha, 18D, Phusraj Bachhawat Path (Sukeas Lane) Kolkata-700 001 is a benevolent organization marked by its various philanthropic activites. Its sole endeavour is to render services to humanity. Its wide aim is overall development of the society, particularly in the sphere of education, moral and social awareness specially among the younger generation, paving the way for a healthy society.
• The college would strive to become a centre of excellence.
• The college would act as role model institution for other such institution.
• The college strives to produce teachers who could be idols for the students their life.
• The college would strive to lift the level of education of children.
FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS OF MINORITIES
ARTICLE-30 OF INDIAN CONSTITUTION
- All minorities, based on religion or language, shall have the right to establish & administer educational institutions of their choice.
- The state shall not, in granting aid to educational institutions, discriminate against any educational institution on the ground that it is under the management of a minority, whether based on religion or language.
The medium of instruction followed in the college is English.
During the course every student will be provided with an identity card. Students must come to the college with their identity cards and must show the card at the main entrance of the college. Loss of identity card must be reported to the college authority immediately.
Discipline is a sine qua non of any successful academic life. Students are expected to maintain proper discipline and peace in the Class Room, in the College Office, in the Library and Reading Room, in the Meeting Hall, in the Play Ground and College campus is general as well as in all spheres of College life in their own interests.
No Society/Association/Club or other organizations shall be formed without the prior permission of the college authorities.
No meeting of the students shall be convened and no outside person shall be invited in the college campus without the permission of the college authorities.
No function, social or otherwise shall be organized by the students in or outside the college campus in the name of the college without the permission of the college authorities.
Any student found guilty of the breach of discipline, rules or regulations shall be liable to disciplinary action including expulsion from the college as decided by the college authorities.